Wednesday, March 13, 2013

La CAYE

It means at home in Creole, and boy do you feel at home after this visit. I almost didn't want to leave!!

Macaroni au gratin
Oh boy was this DYNAMITE.  The perfect crust on the top and the nice creamy sauce on the noodles had me singing in my head!!!

 

Black mushroom rice 

I love Haitian rice and when done right, I really really love it. The flavors developed in the rice were out of sight. Paired with the dish I had, this had to be a crime!!!


Pain patate  
A sweet potato pie Haitian style paired with vanilla ice cream. This is another dish done right and done really well. 
Basil Sangria
This was good; it had a peculiar taste to it. I was completely satisfied with it though.  
   
 

Sakepase Mojitos


The Passion fruit flavor was so decadent that I had another one. As the night drew on, the bartender revealed that they made this drink with a passion fruit wine. Alone the wine is a great treat, but in this mojito, it serves justice!!

Akras  
This was an interesting dish, Never had this before and it was spicy. It paired well with the wings. 
Red velvet cake with vanilla ice cream  
The three of us fought for the last bites of the deserts. Of course my spoon was pretty swift and I got my winning bite!
Creole Wings   
These wings are to die for literally. I never had wings so flavor-fully fried and juicy as these. The sauce that was on top was criminal. I really wanted another order but we were on a quest to try everything on the menu and that def was on the list for a repeat order!
Lambi Boucane   
Grilled conch, most people aren't really familiar with this sea creature on their plates, and to me that's criminal. if only you knew what you were missing you'd want to say "what have I been missing all my life".  This was so good, I never had conch grilled and that sauce again!!! It was DYNAMITE

Sakepase Mojitos
This was the pomegranate flavor. I think collectively we all liked the passion fruit more, but this one was equally as good as the passion fruit.  
 
 

Seafood Creole
 My honest opinion about eating crab legs for happy hour is don't do it, but when your hungry and three drinks down, what the heck, you ordered it already!! The lobster was good, the sauce on the bottom was great. The crab legs had a great taste to it, the prawns were perfectly season. Could I marry the cook right now and just stop salivating over these picture of that night? I'm just saying!!
Steak Au Poivre

This had to be the best steak I've ever had. The sauce on top HOLY COW. I mean this dish alone is criminal. So much so that I kept picking at it when my cousin turned away. The bed of spinach had a really nice flavor to it alone then hit with that cream sauce on top. Please tell the Chef my number and I will get back to him!!!  

This place is criminal, the food and the service is so friendly, and the atmosphere is truly like home. I kid you not,  if you haven't listend to any of my reviews of really good food listen to this one. STOP WHAT YOUR DOING AND HEAD DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW. You will not stop thanking me for letting you try this place out!!


Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org