Saturday, March 15, 2014

Birthday dinners are awesome, especially when you get to try new places at that. This was a food adventure for 5 women on a special night. 

Here, something I dare not try was a pallet cleanser... I'll say It did not really cleanse anything. 




‘Chicken n’ Waffles’ - $19
brick pressed chicken, aged cheddar waffle,
corn pudding, balsamic spiked maple syrup

This dish was okay. My issue was that it did not come in 5 pieces as the following items did, so we had to share a piece. The waffle was a bit soggy as well, but the flavor profiles were awesome. 



Rhode Island Lobster Roll $10

These Lobster rolls were good, but for a "Tapas" style restaurant, you'd think they'd explain that these were $10 a pop instead of insinuating that a roll would be cut up into pieces for the table. It was good...but bad communication was a problem.



Baked Spanakopita -
phyllo, spinach, feta, lemon aioli $8

This was good, but I wasn't too crazy about it. I think if the wrap was friend a little longer it would have been better, considering that everything inside was soggy, the outer layer should have been crisp. 



Red Snapper Tacos -
creamy avocado, spicy mango $10
These tacos were everything. I was really happy we ordered these tacos. It was full of flavor and I wanted more than just one! This is a must order item. 




Maryland Jumbo Lump
Crab cake ‘Corn Dogs’ $14

These crab cake corn dogs were to die for. I remember trying to savor the moment of each bite. They did a really good job getting that crab on there. Wish we ordered two of these!!


Cranberry Flower
Hendrick’s Gin, cranberry compote,
fresh lemon, lemon syrup

I took a sip of this drink and thought it was good, my friend thought it was strong. I love Gin, and it's an acquired spirit that grows on some people and sometimes it doesn't... I'd order it if I could afford it (hahaha)



Brooklyn Lemonade
Brooklyn Gin, lemon syrup, fresh lemon, muddled cucumber, ginger beer

This drink made us all think of summer time, outside just soaking in the sun. Yea, summer where are you? I would get this drink. Luckily, one girl didn't want hers so I was fortunate enough to get half of it. Nice and refreshing. 




Strawberry Fields
Grey Goose Citron, muddled fresh strawberries, lemon syrup, fresh lemon
& a Riesling floater

The birthday girls drink was tasty. I'm not into sweet drinks, so this wouldn't be on my radar, but from the look on her face, she enjoyed it. 



Blood Orange-Jalapeño Margarita
jalapeño-infused Milagro Reposado, blood orange juice, fresh lime, Cointreau

This was my drink. AND I LOVED IT. YES I DID. The spicy and the tart, and the alcohol all made me warm and tingly inside. Or maybe it was just really hot in the restaurant.... Anyway, the waiter mentioned that it was his favorite drink and I agree!!! It is a Must try drink.




Old School Meatballs - $14
basil & ricotta ‘manicotti’

These meatballs were really tasty. They instantly made me want a side of Penne al dente and some wine. It was really that good. 




Social Mac & Cheese -
chorizo, roasted poblanos $12

This was sans chorizo,  It was not the best Mac and cheese I've ever had......


All in all... this place was cool and sexy. Would I come again... Not sure, But I think it's a great place for a group of people to try new food ideas gourmet style... Till next time!!




http://stantonsocial.com/ 

Tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org