Thursday, August 14, 2014


Happy hour with a good friend is always a good time. I know I did a post on this place before... but here are some new things We tried and loved!!!!

Seared Sea Scallops- With Jumbo sea scallops, potato puree, brown butter, and mache - 14$

Seared scallops are hard to find executed well, and when I mean well I mean well. This was sooooo delicious I honestly wanted to order another one to go home even though I was full from the other things we ate... Ugh what an amazing start to our happy hour!!





The sauteed kale was really good. Really green as pictured here, I would have liked a little pepper on it though. Other then that it was good.





The Spinach was eaten the most amongst the both of us. We loved the garlic flavor, and it was not too wilted so you got that fresh spinach flavor.. Yummerzz



The gnocchi... I was so mad at my self for not READING the ingredients in this dish. As a new pescatarianism, I omit meat from my diet but am eating seafood. It tasted so good that I was mad and couldn't believe it was pork I had... I stopped eating it and my friend finished it. Had it not tasted so good, I'd still ask the waiter what was in it... Oh well It was good but not for my new diet....





The calamari. Although different for my friend this way, I prefer calamari grilled and whole like this. It give a different mouth feel to this classic appetizer. I loved the pepper aoli and the stuffed pepper inside. I'd get this again, so would she.


All in all, I always like returning to good spots, and this place did not falter. I really do recommend this place. Psss FYI the drinks were strong and reasonably priced. Only thing is that they open at 5pm...


http://www.marketcafenyc.com/dinner.html

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org