Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lunch at Qi

I was looking for Thai food near my job and didn't want to travel far to get it. On my google search I found one just a block away and the lunch special is what really drew me in!



Here we have a chicken/shrimp dumpling that is steamed! This was a free appetizer that comes with every lunch special. There are different options but I chose the other one (below a few pictures). Oh boy was it good!  I loved the fresh cilantro and the sauce it came with. I was really surprised it came with 4 dumplings instead of just 2.
 

This beautiful drink here was free due to the long wait we had to endure on our lunch trip. Although it was lunch time, there was only one waiter and more than 50 people  seated. It is normally $1.50 with your lunch special and $2 with out. this was a Thai Ice tea for those of you who may not know!

The decor was really interesting. I had to take a picture of the fixtures while I waited for my food to arrive. I read a few reviews on how the decor was a bit weird. I wouldn't really say weird but it's more or less eye catching.

My friend ordered the spicy Thai basil sauce with chicken. it was pretty good.. He didn't complain!  
My lunch combo was Excellent! I got the fried chicken/shrimp dumplings. Although I liked the steamed ones, I loved the fried ones even better. They were both different and I could definitely eat both all over again! 
I ordered the Green curry (my usual suspect when I try out a Thai place) I usually judge them on the spice level. It was that, and I needed something to clear my sinus pressure :) It was really good!!! 
Sometimes you may find that thy give you more eggplant than chicken, but it was really balanced. I for once was really full after this lunch adventure.  
 For the main dish and the appetizer per person it averaged about $8 bucks. Please tell me where your getting all of that food in mid-town for that cheap and good! 

There are other things on the menu that i would love to try on another adventure but till then Happy eating!!!
 I highly recommend going here after 2PM for lunch if you can wait that long :)


 

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org