Monday, July 22, 2013

I know you guys know I love me some Thai food. However, I enjoy eating Thai with this birthday girl! For lunch maybe 2 times a week minimum, and we indulge our selves with anything Thai related, with a few Thai Ice teas to accompany our meals all the time. 

For her BDAY we went to Reserve on 3rd ave. My BF and I were there first and was already happy with the Wine happy hour they had till 8. The menu options were a bit different from normal Thai restaurants and we wanted to try them out!

Here we have Curry Puffs.... if you indulge in Thai food you would know that these are pillows of heaven. The cucumber sauce that accompanied it was light and decadent I wanted another order... 


The calamari was just how I like them. Lightly breaded and the two sauces on the side were the Bombbay (my bf's fave word) One was a spicy aoli and the other was the traditional sweet and spicy sauce. Both sauces were excellent!


Chive pancakes are made differently at all Thai places. Sometimes they are flat, square, thicker thinner... today we had the bun shaped ones and they were really good. A bit doughy for some, but perfect for me!!!


Something you don't see everyday is french fries and Thai in the same sentence. They accompanied these thick cute spuds with the same sauces as the calamari... and to think... I should have thought of that!!!! It was really really good!



Finally for the entree.... My BF never had chicken Panang so we both ordered the same dish. He really enjoyed it and so did I. I love the spicy creamy sauce and the tender chicken accompanied by the various vegetables in the plate. A honestly big win for me!


Along side with our happy hour wine.. we shared a bottle of this really sweet German wine. Highly favored among the table as well as the birthday girl. It was truly a really good night. 



With all that food plus 8 other dishes, we only spent under $30 each plus tax and tip. Now tell me that wasn't a great meal plus a cheap one at that!


I am already looking for a date in my calender where i can have this experience again!

Happy birthday to my friend again!




Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org