Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello all! Once again I have embarked on a road less ventured for experiences like the one I had here!!

Here is a Thai Ice'd Tea drink my friend had. Holy cow It was good. I had to refrain from stealing it from him. It was not sweet (Juust how I like my drinks) and it hid the alcohol very well. I would Highly recommend going here for this drink. ( I didn't even finish the blog and I'm recommending only a drink LOL)

Here was my drink. I forgot what it was called, but I do remember it had grenadine in it. It too wasn't sweet even though the color may be deceiving. The cherries on top packed a small punch if you weren't expecting it. (I wasn't) 

Here is a very cute appetizer. The Flaming Sticks. It was good both with the sauce and with out it. It had shrimp and some other seafood in there. can't really go into more detail other than it was good. 

Here we have an appetizer I was indecisive about. It was between this and another one that I eventually ordered later on. It was sort of like a potato quiche with curry and fresh peas.  The cucumber sauce was light and refreshing. too bad there was only two to share unlike the flaming sticks. It left me wanting  more!!


The dish I almost didn't get but ECSTATIC that I did. One of my favorite appetizer at a Thai place is curry with some type of bread to dip. This reminded me of my Favorite dish at another restaurant. This dish Made my day.  The Roti was flaky and soft in the middle like it's suppose to be. The sauce was inexplicably good!. So good it was used for another dish below. 



This had to be the smallest serving of rice known to man kind. And to the average Caribbean this is insulting!!!!!




The reason why I was Highly disappointed in the place lies beneath these words. This was their Flaming Chicken. The small presentation they had when lighting it on fire was the cheapest thing I've ever seen. But that wasn't why I didn't like it. The average foodie could tell just by the look of it that it lacked flavor. And Boy were my Taste Buds disappointed when that was the case. I swear it didn't have ANY salt or pepper. I asked the Waiter to change my dish he said "you ordered chicken right" I said Yes but this has no flavor what so ever..He said " But You ordered Chicken" 
I was waiting on him to say another sly remark...


Luckily My friends dish was pretty good. He had the Fried Tilapia over a bed of flat noodles in a red curry sauce. I had a few bites while the cook was making my next dish. I had a bright Idea to use the sauce from the Roti dish on top of the fish. Good Lord was that an IDEA. He liked it too and continued to use the rest of the sauce. Only thing I wish was more bread for dipping. 


After waiting 25 minuets I finally got a dish I was familiar with. which was green curry chicken. It was what I expected it to be. Nothing special really. But at least I had chicken with flavor. The whole time eating I was praying I didn't get sick later on.




But unfortunately I did an hour later. I had the worst headache of my life that day. It didn't go away no matter what I did. Could have been from mixing the drinks but two drinks never do that to me. And it could have been a curse put on me by the evil waiter. Who by the way wasn't Thai... Come to think of it, none of the staff were Asian, neither were the cooks when i stepped in the back to use the ladies room...

I would recommend this place for the appetizers and the drinks. Maybe I just had a bad reaction for standing up for my taste buds. Who knows maybe you'll have a better experience!!


www.lotusthaisd.com

Tagged: , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org