Saturday, June 21, 2014

Talk about a nice first day of Summer... and to end it off with seafood from a local restaurant... 

Lets begin with the table bread.. So warm and doughy ... My favorite combo in one bite!!! Ugh it was so good...


To go along with this Bread was a thin slice of butter, some olive oil I believe it was EVOO roasted garlic and a sprig of thyme. Need I say any more... spread this concoction on that warm bread and yes you have a happy camper!!!


Little Neck Baked Clams 
 whole and chopped clams, herb panko 
bread crumb

These little things here were so delicious. There were 6 but I was a bit too hungry to wait for the picture to be taken. Let me tell you! Sometimes baked clams have too much panko or breading on top.. but this one was super flavorful and not overwhelmingly "bready"... 


Crispy Calamari 
tossed with cherry pepper oil 

The marinara for these calamari was super fresh and  the batter on the calamari was light and didn't take away from the entire dish... I'm not sure if I'd run to these though again. 



Buffalo Chicken Gnocchi 
pulled spicy chicken, gorgonzola cream 
sauce, house made gnocchi

This dish was both a shocker and a treat at the same time. To label this as an appetizer is an understatement. I would Add more of the Gnocchi and Buffalo chicken and make it an entree. The Buffalo chicken was super flavorful, not spicy at all (might be because I'm used to much spicier food) the Gnocchi was soft, airy, creamy, herbaceous, and just too darn good .... My BF and I fought for the last bite... I let him win :) 


Here's another picture of this delicious dish!



Here is a shared seafood dish. I was super excited that we were able to share this dish because the beginning of this meal was packed with mouth watering flavors that I could not believe was hiding from me before!!!

Seafood Capellini 
shrimp, clams, calamari, white wine 
tomato broth

Just as the description explains... this dish doesn't fall short in flavor!!! 



I like this place for it's different take on modern cuisine. When I first came to this place and had their specialty pizza I was hooked... Wish some of the specialties made the menu for good... Oh well.. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this review! Till next time!

http://www.ludlowbistro.com/


Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org