Saturday, June 22, 2013

Graduating from high school is a milestone everyone gets through.We decided to celebrate my brothers graduation with a little Mexican brunch in Long island.

We tried the table side guacamole and asked that it had a little heat. It was nice and tasty and enough heat to say hello. This was a double, and to have people who don't like guacamole to like it after trying it from here was a win win!

 

My mom got the grilled chicken salad, and asked that a few items were left out. She wasn't too pleased with the chard taste that was left on the chicken, but she ate it any way.


My dad had the Steak version of the salad and asked that only steak and lettuce be on his plate. He too didn't agree with the chard taste of his steak, but ate the salad alone. I had a taste of it and thought it was fine. 


My sister wasn't too pleased with the chicken quesadilla but I thought they were decent... 


My dish I was more than happy to get. Chicken enchilada with green sauce! It was perfect chicken, to taco, to sauce ratio. I had the almond green rice on the side to accompany my dish. I was in a little heaven. Being in Long island for so long... it's not easy finding restaurants that have decent food I'm used to. 

This chicken finger dish was for my niece. I mean the portion was a bit too much, but i couldn't help steal one whole finger from her. Surprisingly, it was flavorful and not dry. The fries were crispy and not oily... my niece enjoyed what she ate as well. 


My brother and my guy both had the chicken mole. They weren't too pleased and stated it was an acquiring taste. I agreed. The chocolate after taste was a bit bitter, but with the rice on the side it worked kind of well. Would I have picked that if I'd gone back... NO


Now for the star of the day! Their mango cheese cake.... Next photo if you will


I think everyone at the table was fighting for a at-least a third or fourth bite. My brother had it and I wish we ordered it along side with him. It's a must try!!! 


What we did order to share was the Tres leche. It was really up my ally. Not too sweet but yummy. perfect consistency and share able. the fresh fruit added a little bit of freshness to it as well!





I would try this place once again and give it another review. But until then I'd say go there and see what you think!




Tagged: , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org