Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I love finding new places to eat in the city. Well Harlem any way. So we stumbled upon this place not knowing that the food would actually be really really good. 


the calamari was a no brainer to order, but a good one at that. The sauce was a tamrine sauce and was very interesting. I preferred it with out and just a spritz of lemon juice but to each is own. It was fresh and had a nice season batter to it...


The side trio was a very good idea. 

The spinach was my favorite. The fries were good but had a bit of too much salt on there, and the sweet plantains were okay at best. All in all the sides were cool.




The crab cakes were really nice. They had a little lump in them where you were able to distinguish between the filler and the meat... Yes I analyze that stuff and how! The chef did not disappoint here at all! Great apps.


We almost didn't order anything else until I said I was still hungry... there was three people at the table and the first few things were not filling enough!!! 

So we got the Lobster mac and Cheese. Talk about presentation for days!!! By far the best presented mac and cheese I've seen thus far. Now to flavors..... The half lobster was steamed in salt water... I could taste that alone. The mac how ever, the lobster in there acquired a different spell in the bechmel sauce. 
It was nice and cheesy and had the right amount of salt in this dish. I'd recommend this dish a thousand times. I love love love the presentation.


Now I know I don't eat meat... But couldn't have a picture of half wings in the photo above and not speak on it!!!

So my brother had the wings and he was blown away. If you've ever had Bon Chon wings you'd understand the soy garlic concept, however, they took it up a notch and had some type of BBQ glaze with a nice kick to it. He really enjoyed it as it was his replacement for the quesadillas i'm about to speak on.


He was not to fond of this dish. i can not speak on it, but was really happy that the chef himself came out and offered the wings that blew him away. his complaint was that the flavors were off... not sure what he meant but hey maybe I'll get a cheese one when I go back and yes I do plan on returning.


I would recommend this place... the only thing is the crowd that you'll see when there... the hostess are good and the atmosphere is interesting...all in all a good place to visit...




till next time!!

www.9anyc.com







Tagged: , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Hours and Restaurant Deals © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org